This Pumpkin Bread Recipe with Canned Pumpkin is not difficult at all. There are few items that you have to measure but it is all common stuff that most of you have in the kitchen already and if not, what you don’t have will be easy to pick up at the grocery store. All of these items are pretty normal ingredients for this time of year.
So, time to stop talking and start baking. I hope you enjoy this recipe and will pass it along to your neighbors by clicking the appropriate Social Media Buttons above. We appreciate you stopping by and hope you come back again.
This recipe Yields 1 loaf (approx 16 slices).
Ingredients for: Pumpkin Bread Recipe with Canned Pumpkin
- 1-2/3 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 Cups sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves (Optional)
- 2 eggs
- 1 Cup canned pumpkin ( not pumpkin filling, but pumpkin) Of course, you can always use fresh pumpkin if you have it. Fresh is always better.
- 1/2 cup canola oil (Vegetable or Corn oil, whatever you use)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans ( We use 3/4 Cup Butter Toasted) (Optional)
- 3/4 Cup Butter Toasted Pecans (“How to Toast Pecans in Butter”.)
Directions for: Pumpkin Bread Recipe with Canned Pumpkin
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda cinnamon, salt, baking powder, nutmeg and cloves in a large small bowl.
- whisk the eggs, pumpkin, oil, and water in a small bowl, .
- Stir into dry ingredients in large bowl just until moistened.
- Fold in the walnuts or pecans, which ever you prefer. (Save some for the top)(Optional)
- Pour into a greased 9 x 5″ loaf pan.
- Add Buttered Pecans or walnuts to top of mix (Optional)
- Bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for approx 10 minutes before removing to your wire rack